Jimmy and Ligia Van Rosi were born and brought up in Kenya, East Africa. For over 30 years, this husband and wife team have offered a refreshingly different approach to easy listening and dancing music in Ontario.
Jimmy is a seasoned musician and vocalist with more than 55 years experience in the entertainment field. He is a very versatile guitarist and plays the bass, rhythm and lead guitars. He is also a proficient drummer. Ligia is an experienced keyboard player and vocalist.
Over the years, they have played with various other musicians but now entertain as the Van Rosi Duo.
They have performed at:
- Kenyan events both in and around Toronto and for the Kenya High Commission in Ottawa;
- Mayoral and Federal fundraisers in Newmarket and Aurora;
- North York and Carrassauga International music festivals;
- Canadian seniors and veterans’ events;
- Canadian Legion; the Masonic Society; Rotary and Lions’ Clubs events in Ontario;
- Cancer, M.S., Diabetes and Dementia fund raising events in Southwestern Ontario.
- Gospel singing events in Toronto and Newmarket.
Over the years, The Van Rosi Duo have won various awards in support and recognition of their talents from the following organizations:
- Abeingo Association Canada for their dedication, commitment and service to the Kenyan Community
- CanKen Sports Club for their generous contribution and support
- The Government of Ontario for their commitment and volunteer service to the Kenyan Community in Ontario
- Christ the King Graceland Independent Anglican Church of Canada
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Multiple Sclerosis Foundation of Canada
- The Kenya High Commission in Canada on behalf of the Government of Kenya
- From the 2019 KWICA Eminence Awards Committee for Community Service – Individual
- Kenya Canadian Association – 2021 Seniors of the Year Awards for Arts, Music & Culture Preservation